Laser Hair Removal in GOLDSBORO, NC
Brown spots on the skin are a common sign of aging. They are usually caused by an accumulation of sun exposure over the years, although they may be due to trauma or injury (called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation). Also known as age or liver spots, they are flat painless areas, light brown to black in color. Brown spots tend to appear on the parts of the body that are most likely to be uncovered and unprotected from the sun, such as the face, hands, arms, shoulders and feet. They vary in size, but are larger than freckles. Brown spots are very common in people over the age of 40.
The Candela PicoWay® laser is a very successful form of treatment for the removal of brown spots. The laser uses pulses of light energy to safely and easily target only the hyperpigmented cells and break them down. The PicoWay laser is extremely accurate, providing a thorough treatment of an area without harming surrounding tissue. It can be used on all skin types with little discomfort.
Laser Hair Removal
GentleLASE® by Candela provides fast, safe and effective laser hair removal for patients in Raleigh, NC. In addition to hair removal, it can also treat razor bumps (pseudofolliculitis barbae) and ingrown hairs. The advanced alexandrite laser system precisely targets areas of hair growth and delivers narrow-wavelength light to the hair follicles while the surrounding tissue remains untouched. A patented Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD™) keeps the skin comfortably cool during and after treatment, soothing and protecting as the laser energy heats the follicles to reduce hair growth. GentleLASE's DCD and large spot size mean faster treatment times than ever before.
- Fast - With a 1.5 Hz repetition rate, the new GentleLASE is 50% faster than previous GentleLASE models.
- Flexible - GentleLASE offers spot sizes of 18, 15, 12, 10 and 8 mm. The 18mm spot size means treatment to larger areas faster!
- Comfortable - The unique, DCD cooling system offers safe and consistent cryogen spray protection for greater patient safety and comfort.
The GentleYAG is FDA-approved to treat all skin types, including tanned skin, and offers unmatched Nd:YAG treatment capabilities in permanent hair reduction. The GentleYAG has a 1064nm wavelength, multiple spot sizes and variable pulse durations.
- Treats All Skin Types - Deep penetration with minimal scattering of laser energy makes GentleYAG ideal for all skin types, especially dark and tanned skin.
- Powerful - Fluences up to 600 J/cm² help make the GentleYAG the most powerful Nd:YAG on the market today.
- Quick Treatments - Up to 10 Hz rep rate for speed and convenience.
- Epidermal Cooling - Candela's Dynamic Cooling Device technology provides consistent, reproducible epidermal cooling and patient comfort.
- Multiple Applications - The GentleYAG can also treat pseudofolliculitis barbae (PFB, or razor bumps).
Stop the razor bumps!!!!!
Pseudofolliculitis barbae (razor bumps) is a common condition of the beard area and scalp occurring in African Americans and other people with curly hair. The problem results when highly curved hairs grow back into the skin causing inflammation and a foreign body reaction. Over time, this can cause keloidal scarring which looks like hard bumps of the beard area and neck. In the past the only good solution to treat this condition was to just grow a beard. Now laser hair removal with the GentleYAG laser offers an alternative treatment to this condition.